The Lena.tiff

Image of Lena (as shown above) is used as test image in Digital Image Computing (especially Image compression). People use the image for their computing tests and I was no exception for about a year until I graduated. Her beauty kept me always ‘in’ the work and drove me toward writing some of the most complex, original and superior algorithms that I ever worked out. Our main aim was to compress the image without affect on Lena’s beauty and we tried hard to show Lean how deserves to be shown i.e. beautiful. I wonder why, but I never googled her to acquire higher resolution image of the same.

Much after I abandoned the Digital Image Processing work, I came to know that she was a ‘playmate’ (model of “who don’t know” Playboy mag in issue of November 1972). The test image itself was published in playboy magazine and full version was actually more appealing than I thought.

For the full picture click here. WARNING this picture contains nudity.

No comments: